Our English language training
Our English courses are characterized by a practical approach to teaching and learning, focusing on communication skills such as fluent speaking and convincing writing. They take place in our offices in Burgas, Varna and in Sofia. You can also attend them online via Internet, taking advantage of our live online service. With the help of our teachers, you can learn the language and improve your knowledge and foreign language skills.
Frequently asked questions we can answer right away:
What is the duration of an English course?
Adult courses in group classes have duration of 6 weeks, 2 times 3 study hours a week.
The courses for children and students are two types: six weeks (2 times 3 study hours a week) and three months (with 3 study hours a week).
Individual training is organized upon arrangement with the teacher and is tailored to correspond with students’ leisure time and speed of learning.
How do I dtermine my level?
Which exams can I prepare for?
You can prepare for each of the levels in the European Language Framework, as well as for the British and American exams:
TOEFL iBT – Test of English as a Foreign Language
IELTS – International English Language Testing System
FCE – First Certificate in English
CAE – Cambridge Advanced English
CPE – Certificate of Proficiency in English
SAT, GRE, GMAT
Do you have lessons for spoken English?
Yes, our practical training includes the following basic skills: speaking, listening and writing. By constructing scenes of everyday life, students get into real-world situations that they will encounter when interacting with foreigners, such as Englishmen and Americans.
Which levels of English can I visit?
The main levels are 4. Above them there are specialized ones, used by advanced speakers to do specialized work or to study at university. Business English levels follow the European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Are courses suited for different age groups?
Our language school has separate groups for children, students and adults. Our lessons follow course books which are suitable for the age and goals of th course participants.
Which textbooks do you use?
- We use the language system “The New Cambridge English Course” to work with adults and adolescents. In individual training we either use the same program or a book which the course participant has chosen.
- The specialized business English courses use a special textbook, and the same applies to other fields of work – tourism, law, medicine.
- For children and students we mostly use the “Get Ready” and “Hello” systems, but according to age there are other textbooks that can be chosen, too.
- For exam preparation (TOEFL iBT, IELTS, FCE – Cambridge First Certificate in English, CAE – Cambridge Advanced Certificate, Certificate of Proficiency in English, SAT, GRE, GMAT, maturity exams etc.) we use specialized teaching materials.
When can I start the training?
We schedule starting dates for new groups for each level at the beginning and the middle of each month. Individual lessons start by appointment. Individual training has a flexible schedule and is designed to meet the needs of the course participant.
Who are the teachers?
We at Davitoz provide high-quality training for which we collaborate with professional and skilled teaching staff. All English teachers have not only theoretical but also practical knowledge and communication skills in English. Our teachers know that learning the material quickly requires the right approach, so they prepare their lessons in an interesting and fun way.
What are the current fees for the courses?
The following list gives orientation about our fees:
– general English: BGN 288 for groups; BGN 346 for individual training.
– maturity and university exam preparation, including TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge First Certificate exams: 346 BGN for groups; 389 BGN for individual training.
– Cambridge Advanced and Proficiency exam preparation: 389 BGN (individual training only).
– SAT, GRE, GMAT and other exams: 432 BGN.
– exams for a particular level without course attendance: 168 BGN
SPECIAL OFFER!!! When two or more course participants enroll together and follow the same schedule, they are charged the lower group price but get individual training conditions.
How do I subscribe?
The tuition fee is due upon registration for the course. It can be paid at our offices in Sofia, Burgas and Varna, as well as by bank transfer. For discounts on group bookings, please consult your nearest office.
What is the validity of your certificates?
Upon completion of each language level you receive a certificate which is internationally valid for the levels A1 to C2. They comply with both the requirements of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and international standards for language competence. They can also be translated into English for free.
Can I only sit for an exam?
Yes, you can subscribe at our offices or online. The fee is 168 BGN.
Do you have online English training?
Every student has the opportunity to attend our online English language training. Licensed online courses can be attended live, via Skype, for which is used a headset with a microphone. This kind of education is recommended in case you want to save time and do not have the possibility to travel. For more information on online training, click here.
If you have any additional questions, you can send us an inquiry or contact us on the phone.