Our German language courses
The German language training can be attended in either individual or group form. Before the beginning of the course it is necessary to know the level and needs of the course participants. According to the purpose of the training and the age of the course participants, we have different classes for children, students and adults.
What is the same in all our courses is the approach to teaching the subject. We endeavor to provide practically oriented training with use of new material as soon as it has been introduced. In this way our students acquire new vocabulary and grammar more quickly and easily. In addition to the on-site German lessons at our two offices in Sofia, Burgas and Varna, we also provide online training for anyone who prefers learning German online.
Here you can find answers of frequently asked questions about the German language lessons:
How long does a level last?
There are differing opinions on how long a training course should take, but our experience has shown that the following intensity is optimal:
– Adult courses in group classes have a duration of 6 weeks: 2 times 3 study hours a week.
– The courses for children and students are two types: six weeks (2 times 3 study hours a week) and three months (with 3 study hours a week).
– Individual training is organized upon arrangement with the teacher and is tailored to correspond with students’ leisure time and speed of learning.
Which exams can I prepare for?
We provide quality preparation for each of the exams according to the European Language Framework, as well as for TEST DaF, DSH, Zertifikat Deutsch, ZMP, ZOP. We also offer interview preparation and profession-specific exams. Our test training includes spoken German, academic German and solving and analyzing real-life test questions.
Do you have German lessons for children?
There are groups for children, students and adults. The teaching materials for the different age groups are different and so is the length and intensity of the lessons. Nevertheless, each group’s activities cover all key skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking.
What are the textbooks you use?
– Adult courses are based on the internationally recognized workbook “Motive”. Individual training can follow the same program, or one chosen by the participant, yet it allows you to rehearse individual components more often for faster progress.
– The specialized training in business German, German in tourism, legal German and others is conducted using thematically oriented materials for the respective professional field.
– “Planetino” is a course book most commonly used for children lessons, but there are other textbooks in accordance with age.
Can I receive training in spoken German?
Yes, we at Davitoz emphasize on the practical use of the language, playing dialogues, speaking up and listening to authentic conversations in spoken German. By acting everyday situations, our lessons recreate real life in Germany. The conversational approach is integrated in the learning process, but we also have courses that can focus entirely on speaking.
What language levels does the course cover?
The main levels of study are 4. Above them we offer specialized, advanced ones, which deepen the knowledge and can be used to work as a doctor abroad or to study at German or Austrian universities. Test preparation usually requires a B1 level or higher, depending on the difficulty of the test. Individual German lessons may include more than one language level if the student’s pace of learning the material allows it.
How can I determine my level?
When can I start?
Beginner and advanced groups start as soon as possible – at the beginning and in the middle of each month. Individual German lessons can be started even sooner, upon arrangement with the teacher. They are very suitable for both beginners and advanced students because they meet the specific needs of every trainee. For more information about start-up groups, please contact our representative in Sofia, Varna or Burgas.
Who are the teachers?
Our teachers follow the highest standards of German language teaching. They possess not only practical skill, but also knowledge of teaching the material in the right way. With their help acquisition of grammar and words becomes an easy task.
What are the tuition fees?
The following list gives orientation about our fees:
– general English: BGN 288 for groups; BGN 346 for individual training.
– maturity and university exam preparation, including Test DaF: 346 BGN for groups; 389 BGN for individual training.
– DSH, Zertifikat Deutsch, ZMP, ZOP preparation: 389 BGN (individual training only).
– other specialized exams: 432 BGN.
– exams for a particular level without course attendance: 168 BGN
SPECIAL OFFER!!! When two or more course participants enroll together and follow the same schedule, they are charged the lower, group price but get individual training conditions.
How do I subscribe?
The fee is payable upon full course enrollment. It can be paid at the branches of our language school in Sofia (Dianabad or Opalchenska), Burgas and Varna, or by bank transfer.
Will I receive a level certificate?
Each language course ends with an exam and a certificate according to the European Language Framework, which can also be issued in German or English. Certificates are issued on the basis of a successfully passed test for the given level and are recognized internationally.
Can I only sit for a language exam?
Yes. You can register in our offices or online. The appropriate level is determined by a level test. The exam fee is 168 BGN.
Can I study German online?
For everybody who is not close to our training rooms, we have interactive online training accessible from all over the country. Our online German lessons are licensed internationally and are useful to people from abroad. We have interactive training materials for effective preparation at each of the levels. Meetings take place via Skype, a headset with microphone and are extremely suitable for people who want to save time and avoid travelling. For more information about online courses, please click here.
If you have any additional questions, you can send us an inquiry or contact us on the phone.